- Adventures in Violinland - Shirley Givens : About a violin method for young children (aged 4 and up). Great pedagogy, and kids love it, too.
- American String Teachers Association (ASTA) : Phone: 703-279-2113; to order publications: 1-800-828-0229
- Classical KING-FM 98.1, and KING.org : Seattle's classical-music radio station. Listen at 98.1 FM; a good time to tune in is when Sean MacLean is hosting - usually 7-10 pm weeknights. Or listen online, where there are several channels. See the website for the full daily schedule of music. Seattle-area musical events and musicians are often featured on weekday evenings.
- From The Top : Radio and TV shows featuring outstanding teenaged - and younger - classical musicians playing and being interviewed by host pianist Christopher O'Riley. Hear the radio show Saturday evenings at around 7:00 in Seattle on KING-FM 98.1. Shows are archived on the site.
- Kennelly Keys Music (Lake City store) : One of several greater Seattle area stores.
11306 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA 98125. 206-440-8299
Sheet music, accessories, etc.
- Little Blackbird - Sandra Layman's CD at CDBaby.com : All about Sandra's CD "Little Blackbird: Klezmer, Romanian, Greek, Turkish, and Hungarian violin music," which is available now as a download. The CDBaby page has a tracklist, audio clips, excerpts of reviews, listener comments, and info about the musicians.
- Meany Hall : On the UW campus, Seattle. Several music performance series, including chamber music, solo piano, world music, and more.
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) : Phone: 888-512-5278 or 513-421-1420. National organization of independent (private) music teachers. Good resources and info on their site.
- Musical Fossils - Freeing the Adult Musical Student : Interesting, thoughtful, and encouraging articles for adult music students (not just pianists).
- Part-Time Musician
- Piano-Teachers Yahoo group : Probably the largest, best, and most active piano-teachers' discussion group. Good information for any serious music instructor.
- Prima Music : Mail order sheet music.
- Puget Sound violin shops : Luthier David Van Zandt's list of many of the violinmakers and repair shops in the greater Seattle area.
- Reading Music : Many wonderful links for music theory, ear training, and more, compiled by Pamela Johnson of the J.O.Y. Music Studio (in PA).
- Sandra Layman - main URL : My main URL currently points to the very site you're looking at. :-)
- Seattle Chamber Music Festival : Summer and winter festivals.
- Seattle Music Teachers Association (SMTA) : Local chapter of MTNA and WSMTA. Members are dedicated to professional development and excellence.
- Seattle Symphony : Benaroya Hall (downtown Seattle) concert schedule. Program notes for upcoming concerts and recitals. Soundbridge resources and programs for kids.
- Seattle Young Artists Music Festival : Inspirational week-long adjudications (for students in grades 5-12) and festival in late March (during UW spring break). Concerto division winners concert in May.
- Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Shar Music : Phone: 800-248-7427. Mail order: sheet music and accessories for stringed instruments; instruments, bows, cases. In Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Southwest Strings : Phone: 800-528-3430. Mail-order sheet music, accessories, stringed instruments, bows, cases. Located in Tucson, Arizona.
- Strings Magazine : Newsletter, forums, and articles from Strings Magazine.
- Suzuki Association of the Americas : Sandra Layman's SAA profile page
- Suzuki Association of Washington State : A.k.a. SAWS
- Ted Brown Music (Seattle) : Phone: 206-622-0171.. Sheet music, accessories, etc. In the north part of Seattle's University District, at 1006 NE 50th St, Seattle 98105 (next to the firehouse; in the former Capitol Music location).
Closed on Sundays.
- Town Hall Seattle - events calendar : Concerts and lectures.
- UW School of Music : Many free and inexpensive University of Washington recitals and concerts.
- Viola List - Yahoo discussion group (see also Viola.com) : Lively and often informative e-mail list for violists and lovers of the viola.
- Viola.com : Also has the Viola List FAQ: www.viola.com/menu-lists.html
- Violinist.com : Newsletter, articles, blogs, discussions on the violin and sometimes viola.
- Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA) : State division of MTNA.